Saturday, April 27, 2013

Hour 18 Mini Challenge: Cover Me

From Stacy's Books, this challenge involves choosing your favorites from the 2013 books Stacy has selected across 9 categories.  She also encourages everyone to pick their own that may not be on her list.  Here are mine:

Category 1: Best Tile
From her list: The Blue Ribbon Jalapeno Society Jubilee by Carolyn Brown
My "independent" choice: Ettiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger

Category 2: Best Dressed
From her list: The Elite by Kiera Cass
My "independent" choice: One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean

Category 3: Cutest Couple
From her list: Star Crossed by Jennifer Echols
My "independent" choice: None - I don't have a better one than that for 2013

Category 4: Most Delicious Cover
From her list: Bake it Like You Mean It by Gesine Bullock-Prado
My "independent" choice: Her choices really are the best although The Paleo Slow Cooker cover is starting to look pretty darn good, but that may be because I'm entering that tired = hungry stage.

Category 5: Cutest Animal
From her list: A Little Book of Sloth by Kay Cooke
My "independent" choice: Naw, I can't top that one - it's sooo cuuuute!

Category 6: Cutest Kid
From her list: I'll Take What She Has by Samantha Wilde
My "independent" choice: Although I do love the little feet on Child of Mine by Judy Walters, the Wilde's cover baby grin is fantastic.

Category 7: Best to Avoid in a Dark Alley
From her list: Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers - she looks like a woman with a grudge and a knife - way scarier than a guy on a horse with sword
My "independent" choice: Lover At Last by J.R. Ward

Category 8: Best Tatto
From her list: Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
My "independent" choice: Falling Blind by Shannon K. Butcher

Category 9: Best Cover
From her list: The Last Camellia by Sarah Jio
My "independent" choice: The Winter Witch by Paula Brackston








2 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs Soule

    Just seen your comment on the main page. Keep on reading! You can make it!

    Chris (Team Lion - looking for readers with at least one eye open)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you joined in the challenge. I'm sorry I didn't get by here during the challenge. I tried so hard to get to everyone but I conked out at 3:30am! I've posted the results if you want to take a look and I've enjoyed looking up your other picks :)
    http://stacybuckeye.wordpress.com/2013/04/28/read-a-thon-cover-me-mini-challenge/

    ReplyDelete